- Low, H. M., Wong, T. P., Lee, L. W., Makesavanh, S., Vongsouangtham, B., Phannalath, V., San, S., Che Ahamd, A, Lee, A. S. S. (2021). A grassroot investigation of ASD knowledge and stigma among teachers in Luang Prabang, Lao PDR, Research in Autism Spectrum Disorder, 80, DOI: 101694
- Arshad, N. I., Hashim, A. S., Ariffin, M. M., Aszemi, N. M., Low, H. M., & Norman, A. A. (2020). Robots as Assistive Technology Tools to Enhance Cognitive Abilities and Foster Valuable Learning Experiences among Young Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder. IEEE Access, 8, 116279-116291.
- Low, H. M., Lee, L. W., & Che Ahmad, A. (2020). Knowledge and Attitudes of Special Education Teachers Towards the Inclusion of Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 67(5), 497-514.
- Low, H. M., & Zailan, F. (2018). Medical students’ perceptions, awareness, societal attitudes and knowledge of autism spectrum disorder: an exploratory study in Malaysia. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 64(2), 86-95.
- Low, H. M., Lee, L. W., & Che Ahmad, A. (2018). Pre-service teachers’ attitude towards inclusive education for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Malaysia. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 22(3), 235-251.
- Phongsa, M., Mohamed Ismail, S. A. M., & Low, H. M. (2018). Multilingual effects on EFL learning: a comparison of foreign language anxiety experienced by monolingual and bilingual tertiary students in the Lao PDR. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 39(3), 271-282.
- Xaypanya, V., Ismail, S. A. M. M., & Low, H. M. (2017). Demotivation experienced by English as foreign language (EFL) learners in the Lao PDR. The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 26(6), 361-368.
- Lee, L. W., & Low, H. M. (2014). Analysis of Malay word structure by pre-service special education teachers: foundation-level knowledge for remedial instruction. Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties, 19(1), 33-46.
- Lee, L. W., & Low, H. M. (2014). The evolution of special education in M alaysia. British Journal of Special Education, 41(1), 42-58.
- Neik, T. T. X., Lee, L. W., Low, H. M., Chia, N. K. H., & Chua, A. C. K. (2014). Prevalence, Diagnosis, Treatment and Research on Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in Singapore and Malaysia. International Journal of Special Education, 29(3), 82-92.
- Lee, L. W., & Low, H. M. (2013). ‘Unconscious’ inclusion of students with learning disabilities in a Malaysian mainstream primary school: teachers' perspectives. Journal of Research in Special Educational Needs, 13(3), 218-228.
- Wah, L. L., Yeap, M. C., & Low, H. M. (2012). Lessons Learned From Piloting A Treatment Decoding Program With A Young Malay Student With Dyslexia. Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 21(2), 286-295
- Low, H. M., Nicholas, H., & Wales, R. (2010). A sociolinguistic profile of 100 mothers from middle to upper-middle socio-economic backgrounds in Penang-Chinese community: what languages do they speak at home with their children?Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 31(6), 569-584.
- Lee, L. W., Low, H. M., & Lee, S. S. (2019). Exploring phoneme-grapheme connections in Malay word building. Writing Systems Research, 11(1), 12-25.
- Low, H. M., Lee, L. W., & Che Ahmad, A. (2018). Preparing special education pre-service teachers to address the speech, language and communication needs of students with ASD: a needs assessment. Speech, Language and Hearing, 21(3), 142-151.
- Ahmad, A., Low, W. Y., & Low, H. M. (2018). An Analysis of Attitudes, Perceptions, and Practices of Shared Reading among Preschool Teachers in Malaysia. Asia-Pacific Journal of Research in Early Childhood Education, 12(3), 23-44.
- Tan, N. S.., & Low, H. M. (2017). Socio-environmental factors impacting on teachers' attitudes towards code-switching in ESL classrooms in a rural district in Malaysia. Kajian Malaysia, 35(2), 105-125.
- Lim, S. K. & Low, H.M. (2016). English language anxiety in non-TESOL student teachers in Malaysia, The ASIAN ESP Journal, 13(1), 1101-1133.
- Min, L. H., & Mohamed, A. R. (2015). Exploring the Research Culture in an Educational Faculty in Malaysia. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 23(4), 809-826.
- Low, H. M., San, P. H., Petras, Y., & Mohamad, A. R. (2013). Novice Writers in Asian academia: Insights on writing issues. 3L: Language, Linguistics, Literature, 19(3), 47-60.
- Khor, C. P., Low, H. M., & Lee, L. W. (2014). Relationship between oral reading fluency and reading comprehension among ESL students. GEMA Online Journal of Language Studies, 14(3), 19-32.
- Lee, L. W., & Low, H. M. (2014). The development and application of an online malay language corpus-based lexical database. Kajian Malaysia: Journal of Malaysian Studies, 32(1), 151-166
- Lee, L. W., Low, H. M., & Mohamed, A. R. (2013). A comparative analysis of word structures in Malay and English children’s stories. Social Sciences & Humanities, 21(1), 67-84.
- Lee, L. W., Low, H. M., & Mohamed, A. R. (2012). Word count analysis of Malay language textbooks for the purpose of developing a Malay reading remedial programme. Writing Systems Research, 4(1), 103-119.
- Low, H. M., & Lee, L. W. (2011). Teaching of Speech, Language and Communication Skills for Young Children with Severe Autism Spectrum Disorders: What Do Educators Need to Know? New Horizons in Education, 59(3), 16-27.
- Low, H. M., & Wah, L. L. (2020). Including Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Regular Schools: A Mother’s Perspective. Social Education Research, 1(2), 130-135.
- Min, L. H. (2020). The Role of Education in Shaping Parental Language Choices in a Multilingual Society. Social Education Research, 1(2), 122-129.
- Low, H. M., Mohamed, A. R., & Ismail, S. A. M. M. (2020). English Reading Proficiency of Engineering Undergraduates in Malaysia: Implications on Professional Training and Career Development. Social Education Research, 1(2), 87-95.
- Krishnan, U., & Low, H. M. (2019). Graphic organizer instruction in teaching reading comprehension to low-proficient English as a Second Language (ESL). Creative Practices in Language Learning and Teaching (CPLT), 7(3), 1-17.
- Anal, A., Ahmad, A. C., Razalli, A. R., & Low, H.M. (2018). Career Transition Practice from Student Development Aspect: Best Practices in the Implementation of Special Skills Certificate Program in Malaysian Community College. International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development, 7(4), 122-133.
- Low, H.M. (2016). Perkembangan Bahasa dan Pertuturan: Asas Penguasaan Literasi. Dalam Buku Kemahiran Literasi Asas Kanak-kanak. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
- Low, H.M., Ismail, A., & Mohamed, A. R. (2015). Menerajui Program Doktor Pendidikan: Dilema, Cabaran dan Potensi Perkembangan (Steering Doctor of Education Program: Dilemmas, Challenges and Potentials of Development). Jurnal Pendidikan Malaysia (Malaysian Journal of Education), 40(1), 57-62.
- Mohamed, A. R., Jamil, H., Low, H. M. & Ismail, A. (2014). Pedagogi dan Kepimpinan. McGraw-Hill.
- Low, H.M., Abdullah, A., & Mohamed, A. R. (2013). Publish or perish: Evaluating and promoting scholarly output. Contemporary Issues in Education Research, 6(1), 143-146.
- Low, H. M. (December 16, 2012). Let's walk the talk for special kids. The Star.
- Lee, L., & Low, H. (2011). Developing an online Malay language word corpus for primary schools. International Journal of Education and Development Using ICT, 7(3), 96-101
- Lee, L. W. & Low, H. M. (2011). Panduan memilih jurnal academik bagi tujuan penerbitan. Dalam Buku Koleksi Panduan Penulisan Makalah Academik. Peniagaan Bumi Tulis Sdn. Bhd.
- Research University Individual Grant (RUI). An international comparative study of applying SNA analysis on teacher training course on the topic of autism: Implications on the outcomes of special education teacher training and professional development.
- The HEAD Foundation. Development of an online teacher training module for teachers in the Lao people's democratic republic to facilitate social communication of students with autism spectrum disorder in schools (English-Lao bilingual version).
- Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS). Building a theoretical model of vocabulary use patterns in children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD): Implications on central coherence theory.
- Sumitomo Foundation. Seikatsu ryouhou (daily life therapy): Examine the strength of a japanese education model for children with autism spectrum disorders.
· Awarded Fellows of Development of Teaching and Learning Packages on Innovation for Inclusive Development (IID) in Southeast Asia Fellows Program by Universities and Councils Network on Innovation for Inclusive Development in Southeast Asia (UNIID-SEA) in cooperation with the ASEAN University Network (AUN) in 2014.