- Providing incubators for the dissemination and sharing of professional educational knowledge.
- Educating student-teachers liberally to be highly effective teachers and instructional leaders within their respective disciplines so that they are knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of child and adolescent development.
- Grooming educators to be proficient in the use of research methodology to ensure that all learners, regardless of ability and capability, diversity of background, or other individual differences, will reach their full learning potential.
- Consolidate and reinforce the capacity and capabilities of the support staff to perform to their true potential in order to reinforce the work of the academics to synchronize and harmonize their work to maximize the potential of the school.
- School of Educational Studies primary mission is to push frontiers of educational knowledge, augment and elevate the citizens of Malaysia, the region and the world.
- As part of an APEX University, School of Educational Studies shall assume the responsibility to accomplish excellence in teaching and learning, education, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement to establish itself as the nation's finest teacher-education research institution.
Education in Malaysia is an on-going effort towards further developing the potential of individuals in a holistic and integrated manner, so as to produce individuals who are intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced and harmonious, based on firm belief in God. Our efforts are focused towards creating Malaysian http://rxleader.com/ citizen who are knowledgeable and competent, who possess high moral standards, and who are responsible and capable of achieving a high level of personal well-being and able to contribute to the harmony and prosperity of the family, the society and the nation at large.
The teacher, who is noble in character, progressive and scientific in outlook, committed to uphold the aspirations of the nation, and cherishes the national cultural heritage, ensures the development of the individual and the preservation of a united, democratic, progressive and disciplined society.
USM has been accorded the mandate to implement APEX (Accelerated Programme for Excellence) in September 2008. Since then, USM has always aspired to instil the values and key thrusts to be embraced and held in steadfast by members of the USM community.
The key objective of the university is to explore and gain mastery of knowledge. Each and every effort done must be based on knowledge and its analyses via current methodologies. Knowledge is the main agenda of the university, which focuses on the exploration, enrichment and application in all its endeavours amongst the members of the USM community, nurtured and developed continuously towards advancing the nation and achieving perpetual harmony. Knowledge also forms the thrust in realising the motto "We Lead".
All endeavours should be based on forward-thinking, looking at the future impact on the individual self, other communities and the society. The emphasis should be on the legacies left behind and how the actions taken based on current thinking practices would contribute towards the development of the future.
This distinctive quality separates USM and its community from the rest, in developing the strength and impact for the future. In order to be competitive in facing the future, the university as well as its individuals need to be unique to produce the desired outcomes from the various endeavours, by thinking out-of-the-box and realising efforts under the Blue Ocean Strategy.
Materialising the ideas and efforts, from the preservation of the environment to the conservation of the traditions and local knowledge found in the various communities, the agenda on volunteerism and the development of various initiatives, to facilitate in planting the spirit of sustainability and to put forth the efforts in caring for the environment.
Recognition of the universal values shared together, resulting from open-mindedness and broadened thinking, understanding the universal and global cultures and values upheld and respected together, while preserving one's dignity as reflected in the term "Glocal", which means global in thoughts and local in actions, according the utmost respects to the cultures and values already in existence and practised, all in the spirit of "Rukun Negara". The university community too needs to have the willingness to work in tandem with the involvement of all inclusively without any barriers.
Its importance is undeniable in ensuring the continuity of mankind and the universe. It signifies having the compassion while embracing the values and principles in life in caring for the universe, mankind and society throughout.
The willingness to take necessary and ongoing actions wholeheartedly to ensure the entrusted mission of the university is upheld together on the account of God's grace. Such a spirit needs to surface from the heart or soul, based on the vim and vigour of "I Love USM" (Saya Sayang USM) and "Driving Excellence" (Memacu Kecemerlangan).
The success of the university relies on the changes within its community members which would lead to changes in thoughts and actions resulting in impactful outcomes to society and the world over via beneficial knowledge and the thrusts developed in togetherness.
All relevant endeavours are aimed to actualise harmonious mental and physical characters to all including the university community and extending to the citizens of the nation and the world resulting from continual, sustainable thoughts and actions encompassing physical, spiritual and moral development as well as continual blissfulness.