- Lim, C. S., Chew, C. M., Kor, L. K., & Tan, K. E. (2011). Communication and Language use in Primary mathematics Classroom Discourse. Penang: Basic Educational Research Unit (UPPA), School of Educational Studies, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Lim, C. S., Chiew, C. M., & Chew, C. M. (2011). Promoting Mathematical Thinking and Communication through Lesson Study Collaboration. Penang: Basic Educational Research Unit (UPPA), School of Educational Studies, Universiti Sains Malaysia.
- Lim Chap Sam & Kor Liew Kee (2010). Innovative use of GSP through Lesson Study collaboration. Penang: Penerbit UPPA, USM.
- Lim Chap Sam, Fatimah Saleh & Tang Keow Ngang (2007). The Teaching and Learning of Mathematics and Science in English: The Perspectives of primary school administrators, teachers and pupils. Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies [CMCS] research paper series no. 3, Kuala Lumpur: CMCS.
- Parmjit Singh & Lim Chap Sam (2005) (Eds.), Improving the teaching and learning of mathematics: From research to practice. Penerbit UiTM
- Lim, Chap Sam & Kor, Liew Kee (2012). 'Excellent' Primary Mathematics Teachers' Espoused and Enacted Values of Effective Lessons. ZDM: International Journal for Mathematics Education, 44(1), 59-69.
- Lim, Chap Sam & Presmeg, Norma (2011). Teaching Mathematics In Two Languages: A Teaching Dilemma Of Malaysian Chinese Primary Schools. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 9(1), 137-161.
- Tan, Kok Eng., Lim, Chap Sam, Chew, Cheng Meng, & Kor, Liew Kee. (2011). Talking mathematics in English. The Asia-Pacific Education Researcher, 20(1), 133-143.
- Chew Cheng Meng, & Lim Chap Sam (2011). Enhancing pre-service secondary mathematics teachers' skills of using the Geometer Sketchpad through Lesson Study. Journal of Science and Mathematics Education in South East Asia, 34(1), 90-110.
- Ong, Ewe Gnoh, Lim Chap Sam, & Munirah Ghazali (2010). Examining the changes in novice and experienced mathematics teachers' questioning techniques through lesson study process. Journal of Science and Mathematics Education in South East Asia, 33(1), 86-109.
- Lim, Chap Sam (2009). Book Review: Mathematics Education: The Singapore Journey. The Mathematic Educator, 12(1), pp. 99-102.
- Kor, Liew Kee, Lim, Chap Sam, Chew, Cheng Meng, & Tan, Kok Eng (2009). Pupils'language preferences and its related reasons and problems in learning primary school mathematics. The Mathematics Educator, 12 (1), pp.15-32
- Allan White & Chap Sam Lim (2008). Lesson study in Asia Pacific classrooms: local responses to a global movement. ZDM: International Journal for Mathematics Education, 40(6), 915-939
- Lim Chap Sam (2007). Characteristics of Mathematics Teaching in Shanghai, China: Through the lens of a Malaysian. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 19(1), 77-88.
- Lim Chap Sam (2006). In Search Of Good Practice And Innovation In Mathematics Teaching And Learning: A Malaysian perspective. Tsukuba Journal of Educational Study in Mathematics, vol. 25, p.205-220.
- Lim, Chap Sam (2012) MOULDING POSITIVE CHARACTERS VIA INCULCATING VALUES IN MATHEMATICS TEACHING AND LEARNING. Kontribusi Pendidikan Matematika dan Matematika dalam Membangun Karakter Guru dan Siswa. pp. 1-10. ISSN 978-979-16353-8-7
- LIM, Chap Sam, CHEW, Cheng Meng & TAN, Saw Fen. (2011). The Third Wave: Exploring Malaysian Primary Pupils'Preferred Values in an effective values. Paper presented and accepted to be published in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education [COSMED 2011], 15-17 November 2011, held by SEAMEO RECSAM, Penang, Malaysia.
- LIM, Chap Sam, CHIEW, Chin Mon, & CHEW, Cheng Meng. (2010). Assessing for Improvement of Teaching and Learning through Lesson Study Collaboration. Paper presented and published in Proceedings of APEC Chiang Mai International Conference IV: Innovation of Mathematics Teaching and Learning through Lesson Study – Connection between Assessment and Subject Matter, Faculty of Education, Chiang Mai University, 2-6 November 2010, pp. 73-85
- Lim Chap Sam & Kor Liew Kee (2010). Mathematics Classroom Practice of 'Excellent' Teachers: What can we learn?. In Yoshinori Shimizu, Yasuhiro Sekiguchi, & Keiko Hino (Eds.), Proceedings of the 5th East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education (EARCOME5), Theme: In Search of Excellence in Mathematics Education, vol 1, 118-126. Tokyo: Japan Society of Mathematics Education.
- Lim Chap Sam (2010). Using NVivo 8 to explore photo-voice. In J. Lim (Ed.) (2010). Proceedings for the International Workshop on Computer-Aided Qualitative Research Asia, 3-4 February 2010, Kuala Lumpur, pp. 48-59, Netherland: Merlien Institute. ISBN: 978-90-79544-04-2
- 1 December 2008 till 30 April 2009 (5 months), Fulbright Award in the United States, awarded by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, sponsored by The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State and the Malaysian –American Commission on Educational Exchange at Illinois State University, Normal, IL.
- 24-28 October 2005 (one week). Selected for participating in "Workshops for Managing the Integration of Culture into Development Programmes", sponsored by SEAMEO-SPAFA and ASEAN FOUNDATION.
- 1 Nov 2004 till 30 April 2005 (6 months), The ASIA Fellows Award (Cohort VI) 2004-5, awarded by Asian Scholarship Foundation (ASF) at East China Normal University, Shanghai, China.
- 11-24 May 2001 (2 weeks), The 2nd Asean University Network (AUN) Distinguished Professors Program, at Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education, University of Brunei Darussalam offered by AUN.
- 29 May 1996, Commonwealth Academic Staff Scholarship offered by the Association of Commonwealth Universities [ACU].
Membership in Journal Editorial Boards
- Consulting editor of International Online Journal of Mathematics and Science Education, University of the Philippines [from February 2010 – present]
- Issue editor of ZDM: The International Journal of Mathematics Education [from June 2007-December 2008]
- Member of Editorial Board of The Mathematics Educator, NIE, Singapore [from 2006-present]
- Member of Editorial Board of the Journal of Science and Mathematics in Southeast Asia, SEAMEO-RECSAM [2006-present].
- Member of Referee Panel, Square One: Journal of the Primary Association for Mathematics, the Mathematical Association of New South Wales. [since December 2006]
Research projects in progress
- Improving mathematics and science teachers' teaching quality and student learning performance in low-performing primary schools through lesson study collaboration. Lim Chap Sam, Zurida Ismail, Tang Keow Ngang, Shuki Osman & Chew Cheng Meng. 15 Mac 2011 – 14 Mac 2014.